Marwen’s professional development invests in one of our most valuable resources, our Teaching Artists and Assistant Teaching Artists. In fostering a community of artists through commitment to best practices, we generate a culture of trust, learning, and creativity. We believe meaningful professional development directly enhances quality and depth of instruction, which strengthens Marwen’s mission to educate and inspire under-served youth through the visual arts.
Marwen’s goals for professional development are to:
• Foster a community of professionalism and growth through reflective practices and collaboration.
• Create meaningful and regenerative peer-to-peer exchanges.
• Promote a culture of knowledge sharing to support innovative teaching strategies and best practices.
• Promote discussion among teaching artists and assistants of personal art and studio practices.
• Ensure relevance to teaching artists’ needs and desires by supporting autonomy in their professional development.
• Nurture an environment of reciprocal learning between teaching artists, assistants, students, and staff.