Marwen is currently accepting proposals for the 2017 Summer Term through Monday, March 6, 2017. We are looking for teaching artists of all disciplines -- particularly digital media, graphic design, video, photography, street art, comics, and painting -- who have experience working with 6-12th grade youth.
SUMMER 2017 SCHEDULE
SESSION I: JUNE 26 - JULY 7, 2017
SESSION II: JULY 10- JULY 21, 2017
SESSION III: JULY 24-AUGUST 4, 2017
Summer term courses are offered every day, Monday through Friday, for two-week intensives either in the morning from 10 am - 12:30 pm or afternoon from 1:30 - 4 pm. Each class session is two and one half hours in duration for a total of 25 instructional contact hours.
To propose a course for the summer term, please follow these instructions:
1. Download and complete the Summer 2017 Course Proposal Form (also below).
2. Fill out ALL text box fields on all the pages of the form.
3. Before submitting, save your proposal document as a PDF. Name your file with your last name first. For example: LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_Marwen_SUMMER_17_Proposal.PDF.
4. Please attach jpeg images in your application email. Please send us three to five jpegs of your studio work, and three to five images of your students’ work-with a resolution of 800 pixels on the longest edge, 72dpi. Please save image files with your LAST NAME FIRST and then number them. An acceptable file name would be: yourlastname_artwork01.jpeg.
5. Please email: the completed proposal, an updated resume/CV, and jpeg images of your studio work and your students’ work by Monday, March 6, 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Marwen will only accept electronic proposals. Incomplete or late proposals will not be considered.
Please note: you are only asked to submit a Course Proposal at this time. Teaching Artists whose course proposals are accepted will be asked to submit a syllabus, and will receive a stipend for the completion of that syllabus. If you have questions about proposing a course for the summer 2017 term, please contact Lisa Lindvay, Assistant Manager of Studio Programs and Digital Learning at email@example.com or Victoria Timpo, Coordinator of Studio Programs and Special Projects at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in teaching at Marwen!