Considering becoming a Marwen student? In order to register for courses, you must attend the entire duration of New Student Orientation! No late entry permitted!
Summer term 2017 NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION: SATURDAY, june 10, 2017
10:00 am: 6-8 GRADE ORIENTATION
2:00 pm: 9-12 GRADE ORIENTATION
*Registration process takes about two hours to complete.
- New Student Orientation is required for new students to enroll in Marwen programs.
- To enroll, the student and a parent/trusted adult must be present for the duration of orientation. If no one is available to accompany you, contact us.
- Remember, there is limited space in each course and registration is first-come, first-served.
- Plan to arrive early! No late entry is permitted. Public transportation is highly recommended.
How to sign up
The first step to becoming a Marwen student is finding out if you are eligible. Marwen is for young people who meet all of the following criteria.
- You must live within the city limits of Chicago.
- You must be in grades 6 - 12 (5th graders aren't eligible until the fall of their 6th grade year)
- You must be under-served and unable to pay for art classes elsewhere.
- You must be able to work independently for up to three hours.
- You must be self-electing to come and actively participate in our programs.
If you fit all five of these eligibility requirements, you are welcome to attend New Student Orientation and enroll in Marwen programs.
Summer Term 2017 brochure will be available late-April. Check out the Spring 2017 course brochure here.
Need an orientation reminder?
Sign up to get an email reminder and a brochure in the mail.
How to get to 833 n orleans
WHAT IF I NEED A VENTRA CARD?
If you are unable to obtain a Student Reduced Fare Ventra card from your school, you can apply for one through Marwen. Email us and we will send you the appropriate form.