Marwen reaches families from every corner of the city, but too many young people in Chicago still lack access to creative opportunities that can make an impact on their lives. We want to serve more of them, and so we're expanding our facility in order to offer more programs.
By 2018, we aim to reach 30% more young people every year.
Campaign for the marwen arts campus
Marwen has served over 9,000 students in our 28 year history, but we recognize many more students in Chicago need access to high quality arts programming and college and career counseling. Careful planning has resulted in an expansion that will meet the growing demand for our programs. The Marwen arts campus will include:
- Two new studios (for a total of eight)
- A technology suite encompassing the entire third floor
- A lighting and special effects studio
- A fashion studio
- A student and family Lounge
- A portfolio and documentation center
- Increased exhibition and critique space
- Additional private spaces for college and career counseling
- A safer and more efficient parking lot
LeAD SUPPORT FOR THE MARWEN ARTS CAMPUS COMES FROM
- Karen & Steve Berkowitz
- The Collins Family Foundation
- The Crown Goodman Family
- Virginia James/The Hickory Foundation
- Northern Trust
- Deborah & Stephen Quazzo
- Dr. Bryan S. Traubert & Ms. Penny Pritzker/ Pritzker Traubert Family Foundation
- Helen & Sam Zell/Zell Family Foundation
View a list of all individuals and organizations who have supported the Campaign for the Marwen Arts Campus.
By making a gift today to our Campaign for the Marwen Arts Campus, you are investing in the future of Chicago, and the creative potential of our city’s youth.
Check out more of her construction photos on Facebook.